Monday, June 20, 2016

A Much Overdue Post...

Since it has been many a year since I have blogged, and I have been itching to get going again, well here is my feeble attempt at a life update. :)

2011:
My summer was spent attending Civil War events with the Living History group, Ohio Valley Civil War Association, in IN, OH, and IL. I also met my future husband and we began talking. In October, my parents drove me to Gettysburg, PA where I was privileged to spend a few days with my Living History group for a private event.


2012:
Michael and I began courting, got engaged, and later that summer, were married. <3 I moved from Indiana to Illinois to live with him where he was pastoring a small church and we settled into married life. For an early Christmas present, Michael got me a companion for when he was gone on trips, a black little Cockapoo puppy, which I named Maggie. And so our little family gained it's first four-legged member. :) Days after our first Christmas, I started a home business of handmade items, "Fresh from the Flowers", and later listed things on Etsy.



2013-2014:
We served in our church, worked outside the home, experimented with a small cinder-block raised garden, attended Michael's softball games, spent time with friends, lived life. Michael was ordained in the summer of 2014 at which time we told our parents they were soon-to-be grandparents. :) We also welcomed a young blue merle Australian shepherd, Shelby, to our family.

2015:
In the spring our first child was born to us, a tiny sweet girl, Jane. Consequently, my first Mother's Day and birthday fell on the same day. What a joyous Sunday! Come summer we received a call to pastor a church in the state Michael spend several years of his childhood, Alaska. We accepted the call after a visit, and, after many weekend yard sales and re-homing Shelby, we moved up to The Last Frontier in August. God has been doing many a miracle in our small church and has brought many a new face through our doors. Praise be to God and the power of prayer! We are thankful for our new church family who has truly taken us under their wings and made us a part of their lives, as we now live several thousand miles away from any close relatives. We are excited to see how the Holy Spirit will continue to move in our hearts and lives in the days to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment